This is my first linocut. I did a couple of more since but will post those later.
I am still in super practicing mode but what I like about this whole thing so far:
- It´s not too hard to do
- A printmaking techique I can easily do at home
- I have original prints and everyone is a little
different from the one before.
- Easy clean up with waterbased colors
- I enjoy the cutting (even if it takes hours).
- Experimental value
- To work with one or just a minimum of colors
- That the print results are not very good if you use heavy paper (and I love heavy paper).
- I can´t cut as filigree as I would love to.
- It seems hard to have a second lino layer accurately fitting onto the other ( 2 color print).
I have to find a way to have everything better registered.
- It´s probably just a practicing thing but I dislike when the tool slips off and accidently
cuts thru other lines. At least not into body parts.
Anyhow, I do enjoy it very much so far. Let´s see how far I will go with and what else I can learn.